The Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 introduced regulations which allow tenants the right to compensation for certain types of improvements you carry out to your home.  The right applies when tenants either end their tenancy or the Association implements a modernisation programme and the improvement made by the tenant will be affected by the works being  progressed.

You must apply to the Association in writing for any improvements you wish to make to the property for the Right to Compensation to apply. Where permission has been granted and the improvement you have made qualifies under the scheme, you may be entitled to compensation for these improvements.

Full details of the type of improvements that would apply, the procedure for seeking permission and claiming compensation are provided in the Association’s Right To Compensation for Improvements Policy.

The Scottish Government's guide to Right to Compensation for Improvements »